The Content of the UUA’s “Beloved Conversations” Program

This is from a post in one of the UU Facebook Groups. It’s something readers here are going to want to see. It’s rather disturbing.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
6 Comments
oldest
newest
Inline Feedbacks
Former UU
Former UU
11 months ago

Could you please share the source of this post? Is it how many of us see a turn to alt left authoritarianism or is the the foundational principles of those seeking to make UU an uncomfortable place white progressives who are not members of a preferred marginalized group.

Steve Camron
Steve Camron
11 months ago

It’s become a “Bizarro” world, or one where UUA’s leaders express self-hate
and has devolved into institutional self-destruction. I get that institutional racism requires moving away from whites-only-centricity… and yet dehumanizing white progressives should not become what UU is known for!

Millie Phillips
Millie Phillips
11 months ago
Reply to  Steve Camron

Agreed.

Jon Cleland
Jon Cleland
11 months ago

It blocks me saying that I don’t have access. Maybe it would be helpful to cut and paste the text instead of just the link?

A concerned minister
A concerned minister
11 months ago

Viewpoints aside, If the leadership of any organization has such contempt for its members, the organization itself is in deep trouble. BTW, in response to a few other comments, I don’t see this type of stuff as left-wing at all, but rather a wing of political liberalism (largely based in academia) attacking a different, more traditional wing of liberalism. I oppose this precisely because I do consider myself a leftist. “Left” to me means socialists, radical union activists, and others who organize with a grounding in class analysis, including people of all races who want to see systemic change around… Read more »

Barbara Warren
Barbara Warren
8 months ago

“…largely based in academia,” and therefore a bastion of privilege.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x