Some house rules on Comments.
- When using facts and statistics, make sure they’re right. Show your source. No gossip and no labeling of groups without substantiation.
- We do not accept obscenities, threats, or ad hominem attacks. (Play the ball, not the person.)
- You may address the character of influential figures but without nasty labels.
- Self-promotion not relevant to the subject being discussed is spam and will be deleted, as will other obvious forms of spam.
- All are encouraged to speak in their own voice. Brief quotes from other sources are acceptable. Such quotes must include an attribution to the original source.
- We discourage the posting of URLs pointing to additional reading sources. You are encouraged to summarize articles in your own words providing brief quotes as needed.
- Anything promoting conspiracy theories will be rejected, and we’ll decode what’s wacky.
- DON’T SHOUT in all caps.
- Stay on topic.
- While we are addressing serious and difficult issues, a laugh now and then is recommended, as long as it’s not at another’s expense.
- A valid email address is required when submitting a comment.
The Fifth Principle Project Discussion and Comment forum is provided so that UUs can share their thoughts and concerns with fellow UUs. It is a unique forum within UUism. UU World Magazine, for example, does not accept Letters to the Editor. We welcome a lively exchange of ideas and ask only that commenters adhere to the Code of Conduct. If the WebMaster becomes aware of egregious violations of the Code of Conduct, a message will be sent to the commenter asking them to review and adhere to the Code of Conduct. If the commenter continually fails to adhere to the Code of Conduct, the commenter will be asked to refrain from participating in this forum.
If you still have questions, send us a query via the Contact Us page.
If you would like to see own thoughts discussed, we welcome Guest Contributors to post new Discussion topics on the website.
Code of Conduct updated April 27, 2023.