Some house rules. These apply to comments as well as articles.
- When using facts and statistics, make sure they’re right. Show your source with a hyperlink or parenthetical insert. No gossip and no labeling of groups without substantiation.
- We do not accept obscenities, threats, or ad hominem attacks. (Play the ball, not the person.)
- You may address the character of influential figures, but without nasty labels.
- Self-promotion and links not relevant to the subject being discussed are spam and will be deleted, as will more obvious forms of spam.
- Use your own words, with optional brief attributed quotations. Respect copyright law and avoid anything approaching plagiarism. Links to articles on other website are fine.
- Anything promoting conspiracy theories will be rejected, and we’ll decode what’s wacky.
- DON’T SHOUT in all caps.
- Stay on topic.
- And, finally, while we are addressing serious and difficult issues, a laugh now and then is recommended, as long as it’s not at another’s expense.
If you still have questions, send us a query via the Contact Us page.
If you would like to see own thoughts discussed, we welcome Guest Contributors to post new Discussion topics on the website.
We thank Truly Open Minds and Hearts for the re-use of their Code of Conduct rules.