Joining the Fifth Principle Project is critical to growing this grassroots initiative. Every Voice Deserves a Vote. More voices advances our ability to achieve the goals of the Fifth Principle Project.
More Reasons to Join
- Democracy by definition depends on participation
- Our chance of success is proportional to our membership
- Each voice added is a vote for our democratic faith
Joining is free. Once you join you will be well informed of the ongoing discussion with an email notification when a new Discussion topic is posted. You can Unsubscribe at anytime, but we hope you will remain actively informed.
We anticipate that amendments to the current UUA Bylaws will be required to achieve the goals of the Fifth Principle Project. Wide grassroots support increases the chances of being successful.
Once you join, we hope that you will consider becoming a Financial Supporting Member. The Fifth Principle Project is a volunteer organization, but we still have to pay for web hosting services, software and other operating costs.
Open to All
The Fifth Principle Project strives to foster a climate of purposeful inclusion of all people. We value the diversity of racial and cultural identity and background, nationality, sexual and affectional orientation, gender identity and its expression, religious background and belief, marital status, family structure, age, mental and physical health and ability, political perspective, and educational and class status.
Goals of the Fifth Principle Project
- Provide for the regional election of members of the UUA Board of Trustees
- Re-establish local clusters of congregation within regions
- Support the implementation of recommendations from the December 2009 Fifth Principle Task Force